Equator Seeds Ltd (ESL) is a company which was established and became incorporated in 2011 for disseminating quality and dependable seeds and other related inputs and services to all farmers in the greater North (Acholi, Lango, Karamoja, Teso, Bunyoro and the West Nile regions), Eastern & western Uganda ,Kampala, Southern Sudan and other regions. Read More.
Equator Seeds Limited aims at providing consistent quality products and services that assures farmers of increased agricultural productivity and rural income through efficient dissemination and marketing of appropriate technologies.
To be a conduit in sustainable growth of small holder farmers in profitable agri-enterprise and social welfare development.
To revive northern Uganda and transform agriculture in Uganda for food security, economic stability and exports.
- Consistent customer focus.
- Adherence to strict quality products and service delivery.
- Team work and social responsibility.
PARTNERSHIP & MEMBERSHIP
- YLA (Feed the future) – USAID
- Kilimo Trust
- DTMASS and STMA
- Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa- AGRA
- SNV – Connecting Peoples Capacities
- National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS)
- Uganda Seed Traders Association (USTA)
- Uganda National Agro Dealers Association (UNADA)
- AFSRT, JP Management, Virtuous Springs Limited
- OSSUP, ISSD and VODP2
- Local Governments
- National Agriculture Advisory Services (NAADS)
- Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
- FASTEST GROWING SEED
COMPANY IN AFRICA,
2016 – AGRA
- East African Agri business Award
- Jinja International Agricultural
Show July 2013.
- East African Grain Council-Ngetta
- Installed (7 in1) state-of-the art
processing plant worth UGX. 270M.
- Production now stands at 800MT
- Turnover of 1000MT annually.
- Utilising Tally accounting.
- Established 7 branches to
- Put in place a technical team with
vast knowledge in the seed sector.
The seeds production is carried in two season valuable planting seasons. The production is carried on 5800 acres block farm and 250 acres mini bock farm.
Processing now stands at 80Tns per day with 7in1 processing machine and more 3 warehouses being put in place, the processing will increase to 200MT per day.
The company has its standards packs of 2, 5, 10 & 50. The company takes into account the customers satisfaction as some clients prefer customized package.
Sales & Marketing
With wide range of our customer base, the company has adopted agro dealers system and currently having over 250 agents and stockiest across the country..
EQUATOR SEEDS LIMITED works with over 400 agro-delears and stockists in major municipalities and agroecologies of the country. The company has signed Memorandum of Understandings with them.
We are currently working with 51 cooperatives in the regions with a total membership of 32,740. We use 1500-3000 seed growers seasonally out of 32,740 members of the cooperatives. 25,000 grain growers are as well registered to participate in grain growing for export. Our target is to reach 5 million members under this system and increase NGDP from the current 1,230 dollars per annum to 3 million dollars per anum.